39 Second Street
Presque Isle, Maine 04769
(207) 764-2571
www.presqueisle.lib.me.us

E-mail: turnermemoriallibrary@gmail.com

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke


New York Times Bestseller

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
by Susanna Clarke




I'll admit that when I see a book that is 782 pages long, I know I'll never have the time to finish it. So, when my colleague, Rick Asam, recommended this book to me he also told me that we had it on CD and he assured me that I would really enjoy it whether I read it or listened to it. Rick's picks are always great and when he suggests something, I know enough to read it, listen to it, or watch it. I took the easier route, and have the CDs (all 26 of them) at home and have been enjoying them just as Rick predicted.

The point of this is that we all have busy lives, we all need to make adjustments sometimes, and if you find yourself in the same situation, ask us to get the book on CD, get the book in large print if you need it, or even get the film version of a book for you. It is sometimes hard to make time for things you really enjoy, but it is so worthwhile. So, let us help you by making suggestions, recommendations, finding information, and adapting things to meet your needs, your schedule, your life. The library is constantly trying to improve the service we give to you and we always appreciate any comments and input. You know by now, that we will listen.

We are open seven days a week to make it easier for you to find the right time in your daily life to come visit the library. You can reach us online in a variety of ways (email, IM, Facebook, MySpace, Second Life) and for those who prefer we are always only a phone call away. The library is a great resource in this community that is available to everyone and if you aren't using your library you should take the time to see what has changed since your last visit.

No comments: